What are the best brands and outlets in exercise equipment market share? – An infographic
TraQline answers the “who”, “what”, “where”, “when”, “why”, and “how” for Exercise equipment market shares. Our quarterly survey will help you understand who’s buying exercise equipment, where they’re buying it, and what drives their decisions. Our Fitness Equipment Market infographic will help you answer the following questions about the fitness equipment market and how it is changing…
Who is leading sales in the exercise equipment market?
Our infographic will give you greater details, but for now, here’s what you need to know about the market leaders for exercise equipment:
- Amazon wins almost twice as many consumer dollars for exercise equipment as its nearest competitor, Dicks Sporting Goods.
- Walmart falls just behind Dicks Sporting Goods for consumer dollar share for exercise equipment
- Peloton wins nearly 18% of consumer dollar share for exercise equipment, compared to Bowflex’s 10% of consumer dollar share.
How much do consumers spend on exercise equipment?
When buying fitness equipment, the industry average price paid for exercise equipment is $499. However, the average amount spent at different retailers can vary. For example:
- Consumers at Sears spend an average of $535 on exercise equipment.
- Shoppers at Academy spend an average of $400 on exercise equipment.
What demographic is buying exercise equipment?
Just who buys fitness equipment like stationary bikes and ellipticals? TraQline’s census-balanced respondent pool has given us insights like:
- Almost half of all exercise equipment buyers have a household income of $75K or more.
- 46% of exercise equipment buyers are men shopping solo- check out how often women make their purchase solo.
Exercise Equipment Market – Online Sales Trends
With more than half of all exercise equipment purchases being made online, it’s important to keep track of online sales trends. Here’s just some of the trends that TraQline has uncovered:
- 77% of exercise equipment buyers shop online before making their purchase.
- When shopping online for exercise equipment, half of buyers read consumer reviews.
- Amazon draws in 29% of exercise equipment shoppers
Exercise Equipment Market Share Facts:
Curious about other information TraQline’s survey has uncovered? Here’s another preview for you:
- Half of all exercise equipment purchases are first time buys.
- 32% of exercise equipment buyers shop two or more stores before purchasing.
- Pricing fuels more decisions on retailer than brand for consumers when they purchase exercise equipment.
To see everything we’ve included on our infographic, fill out the form below and download your own copy: