What are the best brands and outlets in US power tools and accessories market share? – An infographic
TraQline answers the “who”, “what”, “where”, “when”, “why”, and “how” for power tools and accessories market shares. Our quarterly survey will help you understand who’s buying power tools and accessories, where they’re buying them, and what drives their decisions. Our Power Tools and Accessories Market infographic will help you answer the following questions about the US Power Tool and Accessory market and how it is changing…
Who is leading sales in the power tools & accessories market?
Our infographic will give you greater details, but for now, here’s what you need to know about the market leaders for US Power Tools and Accessories:
- Home Depot takes the lead for dollar share in the power tools and accessories market.
- The brand DeWalt wins almost 16% of consumer dollars.
- Amazon outdoes Walmart for dollar share, at nearly 8% versus Walmart’s 6%.
How much do consumers spend on power tools & accessories?
When buying power tools and accessories, the industry average price paid for these products is $93. However, the average amount spent at different retailers can vary. For example:
- Shoppers buying power tools and accessories at Sears spend $98 on average.
- Shoppers at Walmart, on the other hand, spend about $57 on average.
What demographic is buying power tools and accessories?
Just who buys power tools and accessories like table saws and drill bits? TraQline’s census-balanced respondent pool has given us insights like:
- It isn’t just men purchasing power tools and accessories! 23% of buyers are women shopping solo.
- The South over-indexes on power tools and accessories purchasers: 41% live in that region.
Power Tools and Accessories Market – Online Sales Trends:
With 18% of power tools and accessories purchases being made online, it’s a good idea to keep track of online sales trends. Here’s just some of the trends that TraQline has uncovered:
- Amazon closes 70% of its power tool and accessories sales.
- 35% of buyers do at least some shopping for power tools and accessories online.
- Ship to Store is an important offering- 15% of respondents indicated that they bought products online and had them shipped to the retailer to pick up.
Power Tools and Accessories Market Share Facts:
Curious about other information TraQline’s survey has uncovered? Here’s another preview for you:
- Sears’ dollar share of the power tools and accessories market has dropped from 14% in 2010 to under 4% in Q1 2020
- 41% of power tools and accessories buyers made their purchase because their previous product broke or could not be found.
- While price is the top reason for power tool and accessories buyers choose a retailers good selection and already in store come in at #2 and #3.
To see everything we’ve included on our infographic, fill out the form below and download your own copy: