24% OF POWER TOOLS & ACCESSORIES PURCHASES ARE IMPULSE BUYS
When it comes to the “Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why’s” of consumer power tool purchases, TraQline’s got you covered. An internet survey of over 600,000 consumers per year, TraQline gives businesses in the consumer durables industry a better look at the marketplace, brand and retailer market share, purchase drivers, online sales, evolving feature trends and more.
TraQline collects this information by product category, including power tools and accessories such as drills, band saws, router, jigsaws, generators, drills bits, and more. We collect power tool metrics including online market share, dollar share, unit share, and draw/close for brands and manufacturers.
Power Tools & Accessories Key Takeaways
- Amazon closes on 72% of sales.
- Over half of consumers pick retailers because of price!
- 1/4 pick retailers because of product selection.
- Home Depot win 27% of consumer dollars.
- 67% of power tool buyers are men.
- 11% of buyer dollars go to Craftsman.
- The Northeast under-indexes on power tools.
- Black & Decker gets almost 7% of consumer dollars.
- Amazon gets more than 6% of consumer dollars.
- 21% of buyers are women.
- Lowes draws in 30% of shoppers.
- 1 in 4 are a 1st time purchase!
- Almost 7 in 10 shoppers just visit 1 store.
- Nearly 1 in 3 shoppers shop online.
- Millennials make up 33% of buyers.
- Almost 3/4 of buyers own their homes.
- 14% of online buyers use ship to store.
- Average sales price at @Amazon is $91.
- 20% of buyers are retirees.
- 24% of purchases are impulse buys.
Market Insight and Statistics from TraQline
If you are looking for an easy way to access insight into the power tools market, TraQline has you covered. Our industry research experts can keep you in the know about the latest trends, interests, and consumer behaviors. Stay ahead of the competition and contact the experts at TraQline to get the full power tools market infographic today!